Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Sainsbury's self checkouts are as retarded as their staff

I went shopping yesterday to buy some more food so I don't die, and I noticed the Sainsbury's in Bath has got rid of loads of its manned checkouts with self checkouts. That's fine, but they've completely fucked everything up. The system doesn't work. You scan the food, you put it down, then it just gets taken away on the conveyor belt to make one big fucking mess at the end. If you don't have someone with you to pack your stuff you're screwed and everything takes 4 times longer than if a human was put on it (and that's saying something).

Look! This is what happens!



And why don't the staff help? They just stand there watching you struggle with your impossible problem. Laughing at you, knowing that you've made a huge mistake taking on the giant puzzle that is the Sainsbury's self checkout.

And what the fuck is up with that "Unexpected item in the bagging area!" bullshit? It's basically calling me a a thief. It might as well say "Oi you pikey! You think I'm stupid? I know you haven't scanned those digestive biscuits! STAFF! STAAAFFFF!". I'll stick my balls in the bagging area next time, see if it expects that.

I'll tell you what else I don't like about pissing Sainsbury's, nectar points. You have to spend £300 in Sainbury's to get £2.50 back off your shopping. "Wow I've come to the end of my University year and now I can save 2 whole fucking pounds and 50 shitty pence on anything I like in the shop! I think I'll treat myself to some Sainsbury's basics bog roll! :D" It makes me sick. £2.50 would get you half a double vodka red bull in a club, or a quarter of a student discounted medium dominoes meatzza pizza. Pathetic.

2 comments:

  1. Why do they think that people who spend 30 seconds a week scanning items will be better at it than someone who spends their working lives doing!!!!
    And why does the item weight thing just not work!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Now that was freakin' funny.

    -Kaiton
    www.rockstarmamaonline.com/theblog

    ReplyDelete